Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Maybe there is a god!

Hello all,
Well, we now have a new president of the United States.
A man with great vision based on a very simple phylosophy..."Do what is right".
I admit I was not confident when I first "saw" this man running for the presidency.
I had not heard him speak at that point and was for Ms Clinton at that point.
Then I watched the debates and was sold immediately on Obama!
However, President Obama has a long road to travel with many obstacles and dangers.
His ethnic background alone has, at the moment of his inaugural speech, begun healing the wound of international trust!
Now, with the many many internal and international obstacles to heal, change, and throw out, President Obama is also faced with more of a threat to his, and his families lives as a result. I am sure he is more than keenly aware of that fact.
At the moment of his inaugural speech, I was again interested in politics since John F. Kennedy, as well as believing that there may be, in fact, a god.
I had, as a boy, had the opportunity to speak with John F. Kennedy, when he spoke in the town we live in. We had arrived early and my brother n' law had put me onto his shoulders. Kennedy was also early. I looked around and saw all of the security on the roof tops with their rifles , and as I turned I saw President Kennedy step up to the platform. Not many people had arrived as of yet, and we were right up front close enough to a private conversation. Kennedy then turned to me and asked my name, and we talked about my goals and desires and he was absolutely focused on me for those few moments. It changed my childish thoughts to include politics.
Then he was murdered,, and then his brother Bobby, and then Martin!!
I was devastated, as were many in our country. I no longer believed in or trusted politics and those that were members of it, not did I believe that a god was around who could have stopped this.
After those murders, I watched the concept of "assassination sans gun" creep into,,and mature, within politics, the press, and our communites.
"Take what I can for myself" "It doesn't matter what I do, as long as "I" survive" were the commandments of this new regime!
I watched Gary Hart being "assassinated sans gun" by the press most likely initiated by the republicans. I watched Clinton being railroaded out of office again "assassination sans gun"
ON and ON , regardless of who the people were or what they stood for, the press and the politicians, assassinated anything and anyone that could do good for our nation.
This has not changed !
However, I do believe it will change now that Obama is in office. He brings to the table, honesty, dedication, determination, and courage to do what is right, for the most part, for this country.
There was not a single incident at the Mall in DC the day of his inauguration. Not a single incident! That means something.
The man, the times, and the need have met at the right moment!
We need to take this approach in our own neighbourhoods., We must as communities expose the criminals, including local thugs. We must make our lives as safe and profitable as possible without allowing criminals to effect us!
Obama's approach is correct and based on simple ideas...do what is right... the laws are already on the books...lets follow them.. and make sure others do as well.

thanks

p.s.
This is not a great blog entry by any means , but one that I do believe in.

No comments: